Space technology and Applications Mastery, Innovation and Advancement (STAMINA4Space): Project 3. Space Science and Technology Proliferation Through University Partnerships (STeP-UP)
Visit their website through:
Electromobility R&D Group
The E-mobility Research and Development Group is a collection of past and ongoing R&D projects undertaken by the University of the Philippines Diliman with the common goal of bringing the future of mobility to the present.
The topics covered by the group are related to vehicle electrification, industry localization, and development of support infrastructures in the hopes of promoting sustainable transportation for the Philippines.
Visit their website through: E-Mobility Research Group Website
Center for Integrated Circuits and Devices Research (CIDR)
DOST-funded infrastructure and framework for the sharing of resources between the academe, industry, and government, with the goal of reducing the risk of bringing new technologies from discovery to commercialization. Specifically, sharing resources that enable (1) graduate-level manpower development, (2) technology exploration, and (3) increased technology absorption capabilities, leading to increased economic competitiveness and a sustainable local IC design ecosystem. In order to enable these goals and address the accompanying issues associated with these goals, CIDR’s efforts will revolve around and emphasize collaborative activities, specifically the joint development of manpower and technologies.
Component Research Projects:
- Energy-Efficient RF Front-end Architectures for Large-Scale Sensor Networks
- To explore the use of impulse radio ultra-wideband (IR-UWB) radios as the transmitter in an energy-harvesting wireless sensor node.
- Model-Driven Co-Design of MEMS-Based Sensors and Interface Circuits
- To develop a model-driven co-design methodology for integrating different types of sensors with their corresponding interface circuits to optimize overall energy sufficiency.
- Energy Efficient Machine Learning Hardware Co-design
- To develop design methodologies for integrating and co-redesigning machine learning algorithms in sensor nodes and developing prototypes to allow measurements and efficacy of the machine learning hardware.
Visit their website through: CIDR Website
UP Center for Air Research in Urban Environments Project 1: Towards Green Smart Cities: Connected Embedded Systems for Indoor and Outdoor Air Quality
Expand the current coverage of present AQM stations by complementing a network of affordable air quality monitoring nodes.
Visit their website through: UP CARE Website