UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICATION
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs requires qualification for a University of the Philippines (UP) campus and for the degree programs. Admission into UP depends not only on your performance in the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT) but also on your high school grades. Entry into the UP Diliman campus tends to be competitive because of the number of applicants in the campus.
After qualifying in the UP Diliman campus, you are screened for acceptance into one of our degree programs, according to your preference. Campus qualifiers are ranked and accepted according to the number of slots available for the desired program.
For more information about UPCAT application, visit the following link:
UPCAT General Information
SHIFTING AND TRANSFERRING
The following rules shall govern the admission to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of students shifting from within the UP College of Engineering and other units within the UP Diliman Campus, transfer students from other autonomous U.P. units and other schools, and second-degree applicants:
- Applicants for shifting, transfer and second-degree will be accepted only for the 1st semester and summer of each school year.
- Applicants shall in addition be subjected to existing University and College of Engineering rules on transfer and shifting. The more stringent rules shall apply.
- Applicants for shifting and transfer must have passed at least Math 53 (Elementary Analysis I. Functions & their graphs; concepts of limit & continuity; theory of differentiation; derivatives of algebraic & trigonometric functions; theory of integrals; applications of the definite integral.) and Chem 16 (General Chemistry I. Fundamentals of chemistry), or their creditable equivalents.
- Shifters and transferees coming from the U.P. system must have a weighted grade average of 2.25, 83.25%, B-, or better for all creditable Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Engineering Science subjects taken. S/he must have no Failing or Conditional grades in any subject, or an outstanding Incomplete in any creditable subject.
- Transferees from schools other than U.P. (local or foreign) must have a weighted grade average of 1.5, 91.5%, and/or better for all creditable Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Engineering Science subjects taken. She/he must have no Failing or Conditional grades in any subject, or an outstanding Incomplete in any creditable subject.
- For second-degree applicants, the following shall be applied:
- Second-degree applicants who have earned their first degree from the U.P. College of Engineering must have a weighted grade average of 2.5 or better for all Mathematics, Physics and Engineering Science subjects taken (except ES 1) and EE Service Courses taken. Grades of “4”, “5” and “INC” shall NOT be grounds for disqualification.
- Second-degree applicants who have earned their first degree from other units of the U.P. System must have a weighted grade average of 2.25 or better for all Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and other creditable equivalent Engineering subjects taken.
- Second-degree applicants who have earned their first degree from schools other than U.P. (local or foreign), must have a weighted grade average of 1.5, 91.5%, A- or better for all Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and other creditable equivalent Engineering subjects taken.
- Applicants satisfying the above minimum requirements shall be ranked according to the following criteria:
- Total number of creditable units earned, and,
- Priorities set by the College of Engineering as follows:
- FIRST priority Second-degree applicants and internal* shiftees
- SECOND priority Applicants from other U.P. colleges/units
- THIRD priority Applicants from other local schools, and
- FOURTH priority Applicants from foreign schools
- Applicants shall be admitted based on their ranking, and subject to the availability of slots.
- Internal shifting among the three degrees (EE, ECE, CoE) is always approved.
- All applicants should address their inquiries and all other transactions regarding shifting and transferring to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to the Office of the College Secretary.
How to apply?
- Get a form from the Engineering Administration Office at 2/F Melchor Hall.
- Fill out the form.
- Write a formal letter (addressed to the Institute Chairman) asking permission to shift/transfer, with a brief explanation of why you are shifting/transfering.
- Submit the formal letter with true copy of grades (TCG) or the transcript of records (TOR) from your school to the Engineering Administration Office.
- Pay the application fee.
- Make sure that you follow-up the status of your application in the Engineering Administration Office.
GRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICATION
Important reminders for those who wish to apply to any of the graduate program offerings of the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Institute:
- Application Period:
- The National Graduate School of Engineering (NGSE) will open the application period for the graduate programs of the College of Engineering on the following dates:
- Fill out an application through https://tinyurl.com/EEEGradApp
Intake Application Period
1st Semester AY 2023-2024 extended until July 21, 2023
2nd Semester AY 2023-2024 TBA
Online application process for REGULAR (i.e., Non-ERDT) Applicants:
Application to the EEEI Graduate Programs is accomplished online. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Please follow the following procedure:
- Request three (3) former professors or immediate supervisors who are technical experts to be your reference. Request for their active email address. The recommendation form will be emailed to them after you accomplish the Graduate Program Application Form online.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of Php 100.00 for Filipino applicants and Php 200 for resident foreign applicants. This may be paid through the following options:
- At the UP Diliman Cashier’s Office, University of the Philippines, Diliman (map here). Please scan a copy of the Official Receipt.
- Transfer or deposit to Land Bank of the Philippines account number “3072-1006-96” with account name “UPD Revolving Fund”. Please keep the deposit slip or copy of the online transfer confirmation email/notification.
- For Non-Resident Foreign Applicants transfer or deposit US$ 20.00 to Land Bank of the Philippines Account number “3072-1006-96” with account name “UPD Revolving Fund” and swift code: “TLBPPHMMXXX”. Please a copy of the online transfer confirmation email/notification.
- Prepare a scanned copy of the following documents:
- Official Transcript of Records bearing your school’s seal and the registrar’s signature
- Official Receipt issued by the UP Diliman Cashier’s Office/ deposit slip/ online transfer confirmation documentation as proof of payment of for the non-refundable Application Fee
- PSA Birth Certificate (for Filipino applicants)
- Passport Data Page (for foreign applicants)
- TOEFL Official report (for foreign applicants whose native language or primary medium of instruction in secondary school is not English)
- Accomplish the EEE Graduate Application Form online here. The EEEI will only process applications that are received online.
- A Recommendation Form will be emailed to your references after you fill in the application form online. Your references will be requested to accomplish the Recommendation Form online and submit on or before the application deadline of June 27, 2021. Applicants are STRONGLY ADVISED to coordinate and follow up with their references to ensure that they accomplish the Recommendation Form on time. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot confirm with each applicant if their references have already submitted their recommendation form. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the sufficiency and completeness of his/her application requirements.
- The applicant will be notified regarding the results of their application through email.
- Once admitted to the program, the applicant will be asked to submit physical copies of the documents that were scanned and submitted in Step #3 to the NGSE at Room 119 Melchor Hall, Osmena Avenue, University of the Philippines, Diliman Quezon City 1101 Philippines.
Online application process for Engineering Research and Development Technology (ERDT) Scholarship Applicants:
- For other inquiries, interested applicants may email firstname.lastname@example.org.