Research topics under Smart Grid Research Center (SGRC) include design and implementation of smart grid building blocks; control and communication solutions for smart grids; demand side management; integration of renewable and distributed energy resources to electric power systems; microgrids; virtual power plants; smart buildings and smart homes; and regulatory aspects and market operations for smart grid.
Sample researches under SGRL are as follows:
- Design and Implementation of a Web-based Smart Power Distribution Unit (Presented on 7th IEEE International Conference Humanoid Nanotechnology, Information Technology Communications and Control Environment and Management (HNICEM), 12-16 November 2014, Hotel Centro, Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines)
- Design and implementation of an AMI emulator for user feature studies (Published on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies - Asia (ISGT Asia), 2014 IEEE, pp 366 – 371; Presented on Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 20-23 May 2014)
- Demonstration of direct load control of air conditioners in high density residential buildings (Published on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies - Asia (ISGT Asia), 2014 IEEE, pp 400 – 405; Presented on Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 20-23 May 2014)
- Design and Implementation of a Building Energy Monitoring System
- Design and Implementation of a Software-based Programmable Logic Controller on the Raspberry-Pi Platform