Transfer of Credits from another University
Subject to the recommendation of the appropriate bodies and the approval of the Dean/Director, graduate courses taken by a student in another university may be credited towards his masters or doctoral program provided that:
- these courses were taken within the last five years prior to admission;
- these were validated through appropriate means by the College/unit or Graduate Office /Committee concerned*; and
- the total number of credits transferred shall not exceed three -eights (3/8) of the total number of units in the student's Masters course requirements.
*This condition shall not apply if the courses were taken in an institution with which the University of the Philippines has a special academic arrangement and if these courses are part of the student's approved Program of Study.
Transfer of Credits from another Program
Subject to the recommendation of the appropriate bodies and the approval by the Dean/Director, graduate courses taken by the student under another program of the University of the Philippines may be transferred for credit to his new masters/doctoral program provided that:
- these courses were taken during the last five (5) years prior to the student's admission or transfer to the Masters program;
- these units have not been credited to a degree previously obtained by the student; and
- these courses are relevant to his new program.
Processing of Transfer of Credits
Transfer of credits shall be done within the first semester of the student's admission into the program. The course/s credited shall be specified in the student's record by the Graduate Office/Committee of the College/unit concerned. A copy of the approval shall be sent to the Office of the University Registrar, through channels.