Ubiquitous Computing Laboratory (UCL) focuses on mobile, wearables and Internet of Things (IoT) research. UCL innovates on areas such as educational games (eg Animated Star Gram), human-device interaction (Slash the Fruit, Alien Antics and Holy Sheep!), virtual reality, animation, Internet of Things (IoT) protocols, and smart apps.
More information about UCL at http://ucl.ph/ .
Sample researches under UCL are as follows:
- Transmission Window Optimization for Caching-based Transport Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks (8th International Wireless Internet Conference, 13-14 November 2014, Lisbon, Portugal)
- Smooth Writing Card for a Messaging App (Presented on EEE Conference on Wireless and Mobile 2014 (WiMob2014), Oct 8-10, 2014, Larnaca, Cyprus)
- 3D Gestures on 2D Screens for Mobile Games (Presented in IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Wireless and Mobile 2014 (APWiMob2014), Aug 28-30, 2014, Bali, Indonesia)
- Caching Based Transport Optimization for Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks (Published on IJARAS 5.1 (2014): 30-48. Web. 15 Aug. 2014)
- A Natural Handwriting Algorithm for Tablets (Presented on 6th International Conference on Mobile Wireless Middleware, Operating Systems and Applications (MobilWARE2013), November 11–12, 2013, Bologna, Italy)